- •Randomised crossover study (n = 30) comparing short-term tolerability of five commercial anti-demodectic lid cleansers.
- •Subjective discomfort, tear film and ocular surface parameters assessed over 10 min following product application.
- •All products induced significant ocular discomfort lasting for 60 to 195 s following product application.
- •Deterioration in tear film stability, conjunctival hyperaemia, ocular surface staining noted following Chrissanthe Eye Cleanse application.
- •Increased bulbar conjunctival hyperaemia observed following I-MED I-Lid’n Lash Plus application.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Treatment of blepharitis: recent clinical trials.Ocul Surf. 2014; 12: 273-284
- Medical management of blepharitis.Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2015; 26: 289-294
- Value-based medicine, comparative effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness analysis of topical cyclosporine for the treatment of dry eye syndrome.Arch Ophthalmol. 2009; 127: 146-152
- Utility assessment to measure the impact of dry eye disease.Ocul Surf. 2006; 4: 155-161
- Demodex species in human ocular disease: new clinicopathological aspects.Int Ophthalmol. 2017; 37: 303-312
- Association of blepharitis with demodex: a meta-analysis.Ophthal Epidemiol. 2012; 19: 95-102
Spickett SG, Studies on Demodex folliculorum Simon (1842). I. Life history, Parasitol 51(1-2) (2009) 181-192.
- Demodex folliculorum blepharitis.T Am Optha Ophthalmol Soc. 1967; 65: 361-392
- Demodex folliculorum (Simon) and D. brevis akbulatova of man: redescription and reevaluation.J Parasitol. 1972; 58: 169-177
- Recent advances on ocular Demodex infestation.Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2015; 26: 295-300
- Ocular Demodex: a systematic review of the clinical literature.Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2020; 40: 389-432
- Pathogenic role of Demodex mites in blepharitis.Curr Opin Allergy Cl. 2010; 10: 505-510
- Clinical and immunological responses in ocular demodecosis.J Korean Med Sci. 2011; 26: 1231-1237
- The effect of demodex infestation on blepharitis and the ocular symptoms.Eye Contact Lens. 2017; 43: 64-67
- TFOS DEWS II Management and Therapy report.Ocul Surf. 2017; 15: 575-628
- Tea tree oil for Demodex blepharitis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 6: Cd013333
- Comparison of efficacy and safety of two tea tree oil-based formulations in patients with chronic blepharitis: a double-blinded randomized clinical trial.Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2020; 28: 888-897
- Treatment of ocular itching associated with ocular demodicosis by 5% tea tree oil ointment.Cornea. 2012; 31: 14-17
- Ocular surface discomfort and Demodex: effect of tea tree oil eyelid scrub in Demodex blepharitis.J Korean Med Sci. 2012; 27: 1574-1579
- Effects of terpinen-4-ol on meibomian gland epithelial cells in vitro.Cornea. 2020; 39: 1541-1546
- The effect of Blephadex™ Eyelid Wipes on Demodex mites, ocular microbiota, bacterial lipase and comfort: a pilot study.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2019; 42: 652-657
- Improvement in ocular symptoms and signs in patients with Demodex anterior blepharitis using a novel terpinen-4-ol (2.5%) and hyaluronic acid (0.2%) cleansing wipe.Clin Ophthalmol. 2019; 13: 1043-1054
- Short-term comfort responses associated with the use of eyelid cleansing products to manage demodex folliculorum.Eye Contact Lens. 2018; 44: S87-S92
- In vitro anti-demodectic effects and terpinen-4-ol content of commercial eyelid cleansers.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2018; 41: 513-517
- Effect of lipid-based dry eye supplements on the tear film in wearers of eye cosmetics.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2017; 40: 236-241
- TFOS DEWS II Diagnostic Methodology report.Ocul Surf. 2017; 15: 539-574
- Randomized double-masked trial of eyelid cleansing treatments for blepharitis.Ocul Surf. 2018; 16: 77-83
- Evaluating the diagnostic ability of two automated non-invasive tear film stability measurement techniques.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2021; 44101362
- Comparison between live and photographed slit lamp grading of corneal staining.Optom Vis Sci. 2015; 92: 312-317
- Lid wiper epitheliopathy and dry eye symptoms.Eye Contact Lens. 2005; 31: 2-8
- TFOS DEWS II pathophysiology report.Ocul Surf. 2017; 15: 438-510
- TFOS DEWS II iatrogenic report.Ocul Surf. 2017; 15: 511-538
- Exploring topical anti-glaucoma medication effects on the ocular surface in the context of the current understanding of dry eye.Ocul Surf. 2018; 16: 289-293