- •The most comprehensive assessment of in vivo pachymetry measures in contact lens wearers (76)
- •Non-contact specular microscopy can routinely yield central corneal thickness (CCT) values between 0.449 mm and 0.591 mm (98)
- •The average of 3 CCT measures can range from 0.458 mm to 0.589 mm.
- •The variance across 3 repeated measures was slightly higher in contact lens wearers.
- •This slight lower reliability of optical pachymetry in could be important in sample size calculations.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
M.J. Doughty. Comparative anatomy and physiology of the cornea and conjunctiva. In – Ocular Surface (R. Martin Herran, R.M. Corrales RM, eds). CRC Press – 2012; pp. 32–78.
- Corneal edema and intraocular pressure II. Clinical results.Arch Ophthalmol. 1965; 74: 477-484
- Corneal thickness.Surv Ophthalmol. 1968; 13: 57-96
- Corneal thickness changes accompanying central corneal clouding.Am J Optom Arch Am Acad Optom. 1971; 48: 129-132
- Corneal thickness changes with extended contact lens wear.Am J Optom Physiol Opt. 1980; 57: 729-733
- Intersubject difference in corneal edema response to hypoxia.Am J Optom Physiol Opt. 1983; 60: 128-131
- Corneal response to rigid and hydrogel lenses during eye closure.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1984; 25: 837-842
- Effects of long-term extended contact lens wear on the human cornea.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1985; 26: 1489-1501
- Corneal deswelling following overnight wear of rigid and hydrogel contact lenses.Curr Eye Res. 1988; : 49-53
- Decreased endothelial pump function with aging.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1986; 27: 457-463
- Corneal oxygen availability during contact lens wear: a comparison of methodologies.Am J Optom Physiol Opt. 1988; 65: 19-24
- Effect of eye patching on the overnight corneal swelling response with rigid contact lenses.Optom Vis Sci. 1989; 66: 207-208
- The overnight corneal swelling response of non-wear, daily wear, and extended wear soft lens patients.Int Contact Lens Clin (ICLC). 1990; 17: 134-138
M.T. Staarmann, J.P. Schoessler. Contact lenses and eye closure: comparative analysis using three different methods to induce corneal swelling. Optom Vis Sci 68:374-379.
- Micropachometric investigation of rigid contact lens-induced corneal dystrophies.CLAO J. 1993; 19: 129-132
- Corneal swelling and recovery following wear of thick hydrogel contact lenses in insulin-dependent diabetics.Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 1995; 15: 287-297
- Endothelial cell density and contact lens-induced corneal swelling.Cornea. 1998; 17: 152-157
- Sympathetic swelling response of the control eye to soft lenses in the other eye.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1999; 40: 3116-3121
- In vivo human corneal hydration control dynamics: a new model.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1999; 40: 312-319
- Distribution of overnight corneal swelling across subjects with 4 different silicone hydrogel lenses.Eye Contact Lens. 2011; 37: 61-65
- Clinical assessment of an automatic non-contact optical corneal thickness measurement device [JAPANESE].Folia Ophthalmol Jpn. 1999; 50: 18-21
- Corneal volume measures for monitoring contact lens induced corneal swelling: a pilot study.Clin Exp Optom. 2011; 94: 93-97
- A 6-month follow-up of successful refits from daily disposable soft contact lenses to continuous wear of high-Dk silicone-hydrogel lenses.Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2004; 24: 130-141
- Human corneal thickness and its impact on intraocular pressure measures – A review and meta-analysis approach.Surv Ophthalmol. 2000; 44: 367-408
- Corneal thickness response to high and low water content lenses in aphakic eyes.Br J Ophthalmol. 1983; 67: 317-319
- Changes in corneal hydration after discontinuing contact lens wear.Am J Optom Arch Am Acad Optom. 1972; 49: 511-516
- Preoperative assessment of corneal and refractive stability in soft contact lens wearing photorefractive candidates.Optom Vis Sci. 2007; 84: 401-409
- Hypoxic effects on the anterior eye of high-Dk soft contact lens wearers are neglible.Optom Vis Sci. 2001; 78: 95.99
F. Bao, Q. Wang, S. Cheng, G. Savini, W. Lu, Y. Feng, Y. Yu, J. Huang J. Comparison and evaluation of central corneal thickness using 2 new noncontact specular microscopes and conventional pachymetry devices. Cornea 2014; 33: 576-81.
- Discrepancy between central and midperipheral corneal thickness measurements obtained with slit-scanning pachymetry and noncontact specular microscopy.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009; 35: 2127-2135
- Repeatability and agreement of five imaging systems for measuring anterior segment parameters in healthy eyes.Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017; 65: 288https://doi.org/10.4103/ijo.IJO_729_16
- A comparison between Scheimpflug imaging and optical coherence tomography in measuring corneal thickness.Ophthalmology. 2013; 120: 1951-1958
- Accuracy of RTVue optical coherence tomography, Pentacam, and ultrasonic pachymetry for the measurement of central corneal thickness.Ophthalmology. 2010; 117: 2096-2103
- Reliability of RTVue, Visante, and slit-lamp adapted ultrasonic pachymetry for central corneal thickness measurement.Yonsei Med J. 2012; 53: 634https://doi.org/10.3349/ymj.2012.53.3.634
- Variability of ultrasonic pachometry.Optom Vis Sci. 1990; 67: 162-165