This time a year ago the editorial in CLAE suggested the world was in the middle of a global pandemic [
]. It now seems that was a little optimistic as a year ago was probably the start of the global pandemic, especially now that some countries are reporting a third wave and fears of more to come with the possibility of new variants of the virus. The world has changed due to the pandemic and has had to adapt to a new way of working where possible.
- Zeri F.
- Naroo S.A.
Contact lens practice in the time of COVID-19.
Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 193-195https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.03.007
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contact Lens and Anterior Eye
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Contact lens practice in the time of COVID-19.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 193-195https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.03.007
- The impact of COVID-19 on global contact lens education.J Optom. 2020; (EPUB)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optom.2020.11.002
- Optometry students’ and educators’ perceptions of group work and peer assessment in italian higher education.Scand J Optom Vis Sci. 2020; 13: 10-18https://doi.org/10.5384/sjovs.vol13i1p10-18
- Contact lens education for the practitioners of the future.Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2021; (EPUB)https://doi.org/10.1111/opo.12791
- Corona virus disease-19 (COVID-19) presenting as conjunctivitis: atypically high-risk during a pandemic.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 211-212https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.04.010
- Characteristics of ocular findings of patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Hubei Province, China.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2020; 138: 575-578https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2020.1291
- SARS-CoV-2 isolation from ocular secretions of a patient with COVID-19 in Italy with prolonged viral RNA detection.Ann Intern Med. 2020; 173: 242-243https://doi.org/10.7326/M20-1176
- Evaluation of coronavirus in tears and conjunctival secretions of patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection.J Med Virol. 2020; 92: 589-594https://doi.org/10.1002/jmv.25725
- Role of the eye in transmitting human coronavirus: what we know and what we do not know.Front Public Health. 2020; 8: 1-7https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2020.00155
- Hand hygiene is linked to microbial keratitis and corneal inflammatory events.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2019; 42: 132-135https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2018.10.022
- COVID 19—an eye on the virus.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 313-314https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.05.011
- The COVID-19 pandemic: important considerations for contact lens practitioners.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 196-203https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.03.012
- The importance of credible information about contact lens wear during pandemic.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 214-215https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.04.008
- Contact lens wear during the COVID-19 pandemic.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 213https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.04.005
- Factors that influence patient choice of contact lens or photorefractive keratectomy.J Refract Surg. 1999; 15: 132-136
- Factors influencing patient choice of refractive surgery or contact lenses and choice of centre.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2006; 29: 17-23https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2005.10.006
- Assessment of contact lens wearers’ attitude toward contact lens wear and care during Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic: a cross-sectional online survey.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2021; (S1367-0484(21)00009-6)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2021.01.005
- Soft contact lens wearers’ compliance during the COVID-19 pandemic.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; (S1367-0484(20)30155-30157)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.08.003
- Customer loyalty among daily disposable contact lens wearers.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2015; 38: 15-20https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2014.08.003
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Survey of future use of personal protective equipment in optometric practice.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 208-210https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.04.006
- Letter to the editor: contact lens practice in the time of COVID-19.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 217https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.04.012
- Could telehealth help eye care practitioners adapt contact lens services during the covid-19 pandemic?.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 204-207https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2020.04.002
- Contact lens evidence-based academic reports (CLEAR).Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2021; 44: 129-131https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2021.02.011
- CLEAR - Evidence-based contact lens practice.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2021; 44: 368-397https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2021.02.008
- Rethinking contact lens aftercare.Clin Exp Optom. 2017; 100: 411-431https://doi.org/10.1111/cxo.12588
- Contact lens dropouts – must try harder.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2012; 35: 195https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clae.2012.08.002
Published online: April 02, 2021
© 2021 British Contact Lens Association. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.