We welcome the opportunity to respond to the Letter by Dr Carnt and Professor Stapleton concerning our review of the role of etafilcon A in modern contact lens practice [
]; however, we feel that a number of points they raise are misguided.
- Efron N.
- Brennan N.A.
- Chalmers R.L.
- Jones L.
- Lau C.
- Morgan P.B.
- et al.
Thirty years of ‘quiet eye’ with etafilcon A contact lenses.
Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 285-297
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Contact Lens and Anterior Eye
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Thirty years of ‘quiet eye’ with etafilcon A contact lenses.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2020; 43: 285-297
- Candida albicans and Pseudomonas aeruginosa adhesion on soft contact lenses.Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2011; 249: 559-564
- Relative primary adhesion of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Serratia marcescens and Staphylococcus aureus to HEMA-type contact lenses and an extended wear silicone hydrogel contact lens of high oxygen permeability.Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2004; 27: 3-8
- Bacterial adhesion to worn silicone hydrogel contact lenses.Optom Vis Sci. 2008; 85: 520-525
- A three-phase in-vitro system for studying Pseudomonas aeruginosa adhesion and biofilm formation upon hydrogel contact lenses.BMC Microbiol. 2010; 10https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2180-10-282
- Attachment of Acanthamoeba to first- and second-generation silicone hydrogel contact lenses.Ophthalmology. 2006; 113: 117-125
- The effect of surface treatment of silicone hydrogel contact lenses on the attachment of acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites.Eye Contact Lens. 2009; 35: 316-319
- Acanthamoeba keratitis: confirmation of the UK outbreak and a prospective case-control study identifying contributing risk factors.Br J Ophthalmol. 2018; 102: 1621-1628
- International contact lens prescribing in 2011.Contact Lens Spectrum. 2012; 27: 26-31
- International contact lens prescribing in 2017.Contact Lens Spectrum. 2018; 33: 28-33
Published online: July 02, 2020
Received: June 18, 2020
© 2020 British Contact Lens Association. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.