Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Review of complications associated with contact lenses from unregulated sources of supply.Eye Contact Lens. 2014; 40: 58-64
- Bilateral corneal erosion due to retail purchase of unfitted prescription contact lenses: a case report.Cornea. 2008; 27: 1179-1181
- Acanthamoeba keratitis related to cosmetic contact lenses.Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 2007; 35: 775-777
- A multi-country assessment of compliance with daily disposable contact lens wear.Contact Lens Anterior Eye. 2013; 36: 304-312
- Contact lenses purchased over the internet place individuals potentially at risk for harmful eye care practices.Optometry. 2008; 79: 23-35
- Contact lens user profile, attitudes and level of compliance to lens care.Contact Lens Anterior Eye. 2010; 33: 183-188
- The incidence of contact lens-related microbial keratitis in Australia.Ophthalmology. 2008; 115: 1655-1662
- Contact lens assessment in youth: multi-center testing of a risk assessment survey for soft contact lens wearers with adverse events.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2014; 91 (E-abstract 140054)
- Case control pilot study of soft contact lens wearers with corneal infiltrative events and healthy controls.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2016; 57: 47-55
- Age, behavior, environment and health in the soft contact lens risk survey.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2014; 91: 252-261
- Contact lens wearer demographics and risk behaviors for contact lens-related eye infections–United States, 2014.Morb. Mortal. Wkly. Rep. 2015; 64: 865-870
- Risk factors for corneal infiltrates with continuous wear of contact lenses.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2007; 84: 573-579
- Age and other risk factors for corneal infiltrative and inflammatory events in young soft contact lens wearers from the contact lens assessment in youth (CLAY) study.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2011; 52: 6690-6696
- Contact lens corneal inflammatory events in a university population.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2016; 93: 42-49
- Multicenter case-control study of the role of lens materials and care products on the development of corneal infiltrates.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2012; 89: 316-325
- Acanthamoeba keratitis in Scotland: risk factors for contact lens wearers.Contact Lens Anterior Eye. 1999; 22: 58-68
Park Slope Eye (2010). The 1800CONtacts Game. Retrieved July 21, 2015, from https://parkslopeeye.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/the-1800-contacts-game/.
Federal Trade Commission, (2005). Complying with the contact lens rule. Retrieved July 21, 2005, from https://http://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-contact-lens-rule (accessed 02.11.15).
- Global variations and time trends in the prevalence of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG): a systematic review and meta-analysis.Br. J. Ophthalmol. 2016; 100: 86-93
United States Food and Drug Administration, (2015) Buying Medical Devices and Diagnostic Tests Online from http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/resourcesforyou/consumers/buyingmedicaldevicesanddiagnostictestsonline/default.htm.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration Combating Counterfeit Drugs: A report of the Food and Drug Administration February 2004. http://www.fda.gov/oc/initiatives/counterfeit/report02_04.html (accessed 15.12.15).
United States Food and Drug Administration, (2015). Know Your Online Pharmacy. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/BuyingMedicinesOvertheInternet/BeSafeRxKnowYourOnlinePharmacy/ucm318487.htm.
Health Canada Buying medical devices on the internet. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/med/med_mat-eng.php.
Australian Government Department of Health, Buying medicines and medical devices over the internet. https://www.tga.gov.au/community-qa/buying-medicines-and-medical-devices-over-internet.
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), Medicines & Medical Device Regulation: What You Need to Know. http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/comms-ic/documents/websiteresources/con2031677.pdf.
- International contact lens prescribing in 2014.Contact Lens Spectr. 2015; (accessed online 07.07.16)
- Gender differences in the utilization of health care services.J. Fam. Pract. 2000; 49: 147-152
J. Cylus, M. Hartman, B. Washington, K. Andrews, A. Catlin, Pronounced Gender And Age Differences Are Evident In Personal Health Care Spending Per Person http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/early/2010/12/07/hlthaff.2010.0216 (accessed 12.08.15).
- Risk factors for interruption to soft contact lens wear in youth.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2011; 88: 973-980
- Over-the-counter decorative contact lenses: cosmetic or medical devices? A case series.Eye Contact Lens. 2005; 31: 194-200
- Ocular complications associated with the use of cosmetic contact lenses from unlicensed vendors.Eye Contact Lens. 2003; 29: 196-200
Federal Trade Commission, (2006). FTC alleges illegal internet sales of contact lenses. Retrieved July 21, 2015, from https://http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2006/08/ftc-alleges-illegal-internet-sales-contact-lenses.
Federal Trade Commission, (2011). FTC requires three internet marketers to stop selling Circle cosmetic contact lenses without prescriptions as part of settlement. Retrieved July 21, 2105, from https://http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2011/11/ftc-requires-three-internet-marketers-stop-selling-circle.