- •Orthokeratology changes the relative peripheral astigmatic components in patients with early-adult onset myopia.
- •Despite their ages, the early-adult onset myopes presented in this case series experienced a significant myopia progression before they were treated with orthokeratology.
- •After starting orthokeratology treatment these patients showed slower progression or no progression of their refractive error.
- •Axial length remained stable during orthokeratology treatment in early-adult onset myopia.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A 6-year longitudinal optometric study of the refractive trend in school-aged children.Ophthalmic Physiol. Opt. 2001; 21: 361-367
- Nearwork in early-onset myopia.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2002; 43: 332-339
- A model of the contribution of oculomotor and optical factors to emmetropization and myopia.Vis. Res. 1998; 38: 2869-2879
- Myopia and associated pathological complications.Ophthalmic Physiol. Opt. 2005; 25: 381-391
- Three-year changes in refraction and its components in youth-onset and early adult-onset myopia.Optom. Vis. Sci. 1993; 70: 677-683
- Refractive, biometric and topographic changes among Portuguese university science students: a 3-year longitudinal study.Ophthalmic Physiol. Opt. 2007; 27: 287-294
- Cognition, ocular accommodation, and cardiovascular function in emmetropes and late-onset myopes.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2005; 46: 1791-1796
- Myopia progression is specified by a double exponential growth function.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2005; 82: 286-297
- Ortoqueratologia Nocturna.ICM-Colegio Nacional de Ópticos-Optometristas de España, Madrid2006
- The longitudinal orthokeratology research in children (LORIC) in Hong Kong: a pilot study on refractive changes and myopic control.Curr. Eye Res. 2005; 30: 71-80
- Corneal reshaping and myopia progression.Br. J. Ophthalmol. 2009; 93: 1181-1185
- Influence of overnight orthokeratology on axial elongation in childhood myopia.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2011; 52: 2170-2174
- Myopia control with orthokeratology contact lenses in Spain (MCOS): study design and general baseline characteristics.J. Optometry. 2009; 2: 215-222
- Myopia control with orthokeratology contact lenses in Spain: refractive and biometric changes.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2012; 53: 5060-5065
- Corneal reshaping influences myopic prescription stability (CRIMPS): an analysis of the effect of orthokeratology on childhood myopic refractive stability.Eye Contact Lens. 2013; 39: 303-310
- Retardation of myopia in orthokeratology (ROMIO) study: a 2-year randomized clinical trial.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2012; 53: 7077-7085
- High myopia-partial reduction ortho-k: a 2-year randomized study.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2013; : 530-539
- High myopia-partial reduction orthokeratology (HM-PRO): study design.Cont. Lens Anterior Eye. 2013; 36: 164-170
- Peripheral refraction in myopic patients after orthokeratology.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2010; 87: 323-329
- A review and a suggested classification system for myopia on the basis of age-related prevalence and age of onset.Am. J. Optom. Physiol. Opt. 1987; 64: 545-554
- Nomogram, corneal topography, and final prescription relations for corneal refractive therapy.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2007; 84: 59-64
- Peripheral refraction in myopic eyes after LASIK surgery.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2012; 89: 977-983
- Peripheral refraction with dominant design multifocal contact lenses in young myopes.J. Optom. 2013; 6: 85-94
- Peripheral refraction and retinal contour in stable and progressive myopia.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2013; 90: 9-15
- Changes in peripheral refractive profile after orthokeratology for different degrees of myopia.Curr. Eye Res. 2015; ([Epub ahead of print]): 1-9https://doi.org/10.3109/02713683.2015.1009634
- Strategies to regulate myopia progression with contact lenses: a review.Eye Contact Lens. 2015; ([Epub ahead of print])
- A longitudinal investigation of adult-onset and adult-progression of myopia in an occupational group. Refractive and biometric findings.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 1997; 38: 321-333
- A randomised clinical trial to assess the effect of a dual treatment on myopia progression: the Cambridge anti-myopia study.Ophthalmic Physiol. Opt. 2013; 33: 267-276
- Myopia progression among preschool Chinese children in Hong Kong.Ann. Acad. Med. Singapore. 2004; 33: 39-43
- Pseudophakic correction factors for optical biometry.Graefes Arch. Clin. Exp. Ophthalmol. 2001; 239: 589-598
- The effects of overnight orthokeratology lens wear on corneal thickness.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2003; 44: 2518-2523
- Anterior segment changes produced in response to long-term overnight orthokeratology.Curr. Eye Res. 2013; 38: 862-870
- Long-term effect of overnight orthokeratology on axial length elongation in childhood myopia: a 5-year follow-up study.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2012; 53: 3913-3919
- Peripheral refractive changes associated with myopia progression.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2013; 54: 1573-1581