- •Single vision lens design differences had no impact on subjective vision.
- •Visual acuity was better with lenses having increased negative spherical aberration.
- •Most lenses featuring multifocality decreased visual performance.
- •De-centered lenses reduced vision ratings scores.
- •Subjective measures more sensitive indicators of quality of vision.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The changing prevalence of myopia in young adults: a 13-year series of population-based prevalence surveys.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2005; 468: 2760-2765
- Refractive error, axial dimensions, and primary open-angle glaucoma: the Singapore Malay Eye Study.Arch. Ophthalmol. 2010; 1287: 900-905
- Refractive errors and incident cataracts: the Beaver Dam Eye Study.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2001; 427: 1449-1454
- Prevalence and characteristics of foveal retinal detachment without macular hole in high myopia.Am. J. Ophthalmol. 2003; 1353: 338-342
- Power profiles of single vision and multifocal soft contact lenses.Contact Lens Anterior Eye. 2014;
- Increasing negative spherical aberration with soft contact lenses improves high and low contrast visual acuity in young adults.Ophthalmic Physiol. Opt. 2009; 296: 593-601
- Accommodation and related risk factors associated with myopia progression and their interaction with treatment in COMET children.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2004; 457: 2143-2151
- Myopic children show insufficient accommodative response to blur.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 1993; 343: 690-694
- Accommodative lag before and after the onset of myopia.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2006; 473: 837-846
- Differences in the accommodation stimulus response curves of adult myopes and emmetropes.Ophthalmic Physiol. Opt. 1998; 181: 13-20
- Peripheral vision can influence eye growth and refractive development in infa.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2005; 4611: 3965-3972
- Refractive error, axial length, and relative peripheral refractive error before and after the onset of myopia.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2007; 486: 2510-2519
- Bifocal soft contact lenses as a possible myopia control treatment: a case report involving identical twins.Clin. Exp. Optom. 2008; 914: 394-399
- Effect of dual-focus soft contact lens wear on axial myopia progression in children.Ophthalmology. 2011; 1186: 1152-1161
- Decrease in rate of myopia progression with a contact lens designed to reduce relative peripheral hyperopia: one-year results.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2011; 5213: 9362-9367
- Defocus incorporated soft contact (DISC) lens slows myopia progression in Hong Kong Chinese schoolchildren: a 2-year randomised clinical trial.Br. J. Ophthalmol. 2014; 981: 40-45
- Myopia control with a soft bifocal contact lens.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2011; 883: 395-403
- Accommodative functions with multifocal contact lenses: a pilot study.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2011; 888: 998-1004
- Vision performance with a contact lens designed to slow myopia progression.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2013; 903: 205-214
- Low-contrast visual acuity measurements in single-vision and bifocal soft lens wearers.Int. Contact Lens Clin. 2000; 274: 119-123
- The BHVI-EyeMapper: peripheral refraction and aberration profiles.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2014; 91: 1199-1207
- Effect of lens base curve on subjective comfort and assessment of fit with silicone hydrogel continuous wear contact lenses.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2002; 7910: 633-637
- Effects of base curve on the fit of thin, mid-water contact lenses.ICLC. 1993; 20: 95-100
- Movement and rotation of soft contact lenses. Effect of fit and lens design.Am. J. Optom. Physiol. Opt. 1980; 575: 275-279
- Comparison of high-order optical aberrations induced by different multifocal contact lens geometries.J. Fr. Ophtalmol. 2005; 286: 599-604
- Objective assessment of aberrations induced by multifocal contact lenses in vivo.CLAO J. 2002; 284: 196-201
- Utility of short-term evaluation of presbyopic contact lens performance.Eye Contact Lens. 2009; 353: 144-148
- Adaptation to multifocal and monovision contact lens correction.Optom. Vis. Sci. 2013; 903: 228-235